First I'll show you what this room looked like previously.
When it was Jakes room and then
When it was Heidi's room
There were beautiful floor boards under the rotten carpet so I started the long painful task of removing all of the carpet glue the previous people has glued to the floorboards.
We decided to turn this room into the home office as we wanted to have an open area for the kids to be on the computer rather than in their rooms as it was. Originally there was going to be one large bench right across the wall wih 3 workstations but when we went to Ikea, the desk we were going to buy, was sold out, so we spotted some other desks that would do the trick and then had the idea that we would separate the 2 workstations so Jake and Hollie had some privacy as they grew older.
I had an idea of what this room would look like from day one and I am absolutely thrilled to bits with it. Some of the furniture was custom made, by myself!!! and my dad.
The filing cabinet was an old cream filing cabinet and I resprayed it to a charcoal metallic, total cost, only paint - $40
The bag hook was an old off cut of merbau and I painted it to match the room and bought some hooks from bunnings. total cost $ 20
The paintings above the bag hook were a bargain at $15 the lot
The floating shelves above the desk were a light blue colour, reduced to clear at IKEA, I painted them to match the room, total cost $40
The computers were our own
The chairs were $39 each from Ikea
The tables, the magnetic whiteboards, the magnets and the desk pads were $136 in total, all from Ikea
Paint supplied by my dad
Baskets above desk $6 on clearance from Sams Warehouse
Vase $15 clearance, own sticks in vase, were red, Terry painted them to match the room
Book ends, $6 clearance Kmart
Tins on shelf - $5 cheap shop, were organge, after my attempt at spraying the filing cabinet, resprayed the tins white!
Black shag pile rug, our own previously
There is still one element to this room I havent shown, as Im still completing finishing touches but I couldnt wait to share the rest with you! Im so proud of myself completing this room from what it was and transforming old junk into new modern furniture. Stay tuned for my workspace!!
No comments:
Post a Comment