Friday, 13 May 2011

Got the quote and the builder

When we first decided to build this extention, we could never have known how long it was going to take to actually start and how hard it would be to find builders for the job. We were recommended a builder and he came out to have a look after having to be followed up numerous times. We waited 3 weeks for the quote before he was followed up again and then a few days before he told us he didnt want the job. So this set us back because now we had to find a new builder and go through the meeting and quote business again. We were recommended another builder and this time he came out and sent the quote without 2 days, he was ready to start asap and seemed quote good, Perfect!! The quote is high, probably higher than I thought, we still need to sit down and discuss everything that is included and not included before we can start anything. The quote has made me realise that theres no way our house will be finished in a few months, I was silly to think we could have this whole thing done by this year. Its a little disappointing, but atleast we are one step closer with the builder now organised :)

On another note, I bought the most gorgeous dresser for Hollies room. Im going to paint it white and maybe re upholster the seat, Its going to be a litle make up and jewellery dressing table, just what I would have wanted if I was a little kid :)

No comments:

Post a Comment